Prudence Journal is committed to protecting our customer’s privacy. Please take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it and your rights. Prudence Journal is the data controller of the personal data collected via our websites, our apps, our social media pages/accounts, emails, telephone and in person. It also covers the personal information we receive from third parties.
What kinds of information do we collect?
We collect information that you provide to us directly such as your name, telephone number, address, email address when you create and log in to an online account, subscribe to one of our titles, sign up for our marketing communications, respond to one of our competitions/promotions or offers, order or register your interest in one of our products, use the extension or post a comment under an article, in addition to, where you or your organisation provide us with products or services, the name of your organisation and bank and account details and information relating to a particular transaction.
This information may be collected via your computer browser, an online web form, a data capture form, an app, email, or telephone.
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise the site to you and show you content we think you will be most. interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history, and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the site and monitor its usage.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations within the applicable jurisdiction.
We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
We treat this information with particular sensitivity, as we understand it can reveal information about your location and activity on our site. You do not have to provide this information to us and can opt out of supplying this information or update your preference at any time.
We love to communicate with our customers and so, depending on your preferences and data protection legislation, we may use your personal data to send you marketing communications by email, phone, or post and to carry out marketing analysis. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us (details below), clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings when browsing the site.
You may also see ads for our site on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited our site). Where you see an ad on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads, you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third-party websites.
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With other companies in our group of companies, or suppliers as necessary to operate the site.
Storage and Retention
We generally store your data for as long as necessary to deliverour products and services as well as for security purposes. In some cases, we store your data for longer, for examplewhen we need to comply with legal obligations.
- We store your account information and information you provide during the account registration process, including name, phone number, alternate email address and date of birth.
- We replicate or back up certain data to “offline” storage for disaster recovery purposes
- We may truncate, redact, or summarize raw data, log files and database records into statistical aggregate data or probabilistic data structures to understand long term trends.
- We keep and use certain data to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. For example, we might keep data associated with an account subject to litigation or a request from law enforcement.
This site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the site. This process involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this site over a secure communications channel.
Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our site.
Data from cookies or similar technologies placed on your device which tells us about your use of our websites and/or selected third party websites. Some cookies are also placed by third parties.
Cookies and other online tracking technologies are an important part of the internet. They make using websites much smoother and affect lots of the useful features of websites.
We automatically collect information using cookies and other tracking technologies. We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site; and other information necessary to provide the Site, for example, we may access your location if you give us your consent.
Prudence Journal is a trading name of PJ News Limited. Registered in the Federal Republic of Nigeria under RC no. 1800812. firstname.lastname@example.org