Military source on Saturday confirmed airstrikes on Syrian province of Homs by suspected Israeli, Syrian state news agency (SANA) said.
The news agency disclosed that three civilians suffered varying degrees of injury in the strike, adding that a civilian fuel station was engulfed in flames which also burnt fuel tankers and trucks.
The military source revealed that Syrian air defences while responding to the attack on the province of Homs, shut down some of the missiles, the state media reports.
The airstrikes according to report, also affected the South of the city of Homs which broke out in fire following repeated explosions in the area.
According to a British-based opposition war monitoring observatory for Human Rights, an ammunition depot belonging to the Lebanese military group Hezbollah at a military airport in the countryside of Homs, had been destroyed by the Israeli airstrikes.
The news agency quoted the observatory to have said that Israeli airstrikes had on April 2 hit several sites in Homs wounding five soldiers.
The observatory said two Hezbollah members were also killed during the April attack.
However, Israeli authorities have not issued a statement on the strike, the news agency reports.
According to the state media, Israel has expressed its resolve to stop Iranian permanence next door, adding that it had carried out hundreds of strikes targeting government-controlled parts of neighbouring Syria in recent years.
It however noted that Israel had not admitted any of them.
Syria pro-government on Monday said Israel attacked Southern Syria near the Golan Heights, resulting in unquantified material damage.