Jamie Foxx, the Oscar-winning actor and comedian, has been hospitalized in Atlanta after experiencing a medical emergency on Tuesday. His daughter Corinne Foxx shared the news on her Instagram account on Wednesday, asking for privacy and prayers for her father.
“We wanted to share that my father, Jamie Foxx, experienced a medical complication yesterday,” Corinne wrote. “He is currently in the hospital in Atlanta receiving treatment and is in stable condition. We are so grateful for the outpouring of love and support from his fans and friends. Please keep him in your prayers as he recovers. We kindly ask for privacy at this time. Thank you.”
The medical emergency is reported to be a heart condition that Foxx has been dealing with for a while. A source close to the family said that Foxx was feeling unwell and had chest pains before he was rushed to the hospital.
As soon as the news broke, many celebrities took to social media to express their concern and support for Foxx.
– Dwayne Johnson: “Sending all my love and strength to my brother Jamie Foxx. You are a fighter and a champion. You got this.”
– Kevin Hart: “Praying for you big bro. You are one of the strongest people I know. Love you man.”
– Oprah Winfrey: “Jamie Foxx is a dear friend and a brilliant talent. I’m sending him all my positive energy and healing thoughts. Please join me in praying for his speedy recovery.”
– Will Smith: “Jamie Foxx is more than an actor, he is a legend. He has inspired me and millions of others with his talent and his spirit. I’m praying for him and his family.”
– Beyoncé: “Jamie Foxx is a treasure to our culture and our community. He has given us so much joy and laughter with his gifts. I’m praying for his health and his recovery.”
– Ellen DeGeneres: “Jamie Foxx is one of the kindest and most generous people I know. He has always been there for me and for so many others. I’m sending him all my love and hope.”
– Leonardo DiCaprio: “Jamie Foxx is a phenomenal actor and a wonderful human being. He has been a friend and a mentor to me for many years. I’m wishing him all the best and a speedy recovery.”
– Jennifer Lopez: “Jamie Foxx is an amazing person and an incredible performer. He has touched so many lives with his art and his heart. I’m praying for him and his family.”